Using MyKey with remote start systems
MyKey is not compatible with non-Ford approved aftermarket remote start systems. If you choose to install a remote start system please see your authorized dealer for a Ford approved remote start system.
When using a Ford-approved remote start system, the default settings will recognize the remote start system as an additional admin key with its associated privileges. Program the remote start system as a MyKey in addition to the key that they have already programmed as a MyKey .
To program the remote start system as MyKey , do the following:
1. Enter the vehicle and close all doors.
2. Remote start the vehicle using a remote start fob.
3. Follow Steps 1-4 in the Create a MyKey section.
Note: For all vehicles, the number of MYKEY(S) PROGRAMMED or ADMIN KEYS PROGRAMMED that is displayed in the MyKey system status menus will include the remote start system as an additional key in the total count. See the Check MyKey system status section.
Note: For all vehicles with remote start installed, it is possible to
program all ’real’ keys as MyKeys , in which case, you will need to use
your remote start system to reset all MyKeys as admin keys by doing
1. Enter the vehicle, close all doors.
2. Remote start the vehicle using your remote start fob.
3. Follow Steps 1-4 in the Clear MyKey section.
Replacing rear turn signal bulbs
1. Make sure the headlamp switch is in the off position and open the trunk. 2. Lift out trunk floor carpeting panel to access a luggage scuff plate (hard molding) and a trunk side panel (dark gre ...
Using the power lumbar support
The power lumbar control is located on the outboard side of the seat. Press one side of the control to adjust firmness. Press the other side of the control to adjust softness. ...
Adjusting the front power seat
WARNING: Never adjust the driver’s seat or seatback when the vehicle is moving. WARNING: Do not pile cargo higher than the seatbacks to reduce the risk of injury in a collision or sudden stop. W ...