Using MyKey with remote start systems
MyKey is not compatible with non-Ford approved aftermarket remote start systems. If you choose to install a remote start system please see your authorized dealer for a Ford approved remote start system.
When using a Ford-approved remote start system, the default settings will recognize the remote start system as an additional admin key with its associated privileges. Program the remote start system as a MyKey in addition to the key that they have already programmed as a MyKey .
To program the remote start system as MyKey , do the following:
1. Enter the vehicle and close all doors.
2. Remote start the vehicle using a remote start fob.
3. Follow Steps 1-4 in the Create a MyKey section.
Note: For all vehicles, the number of MYKEY(S) PROGRAMMED or ADMIN KEYS PROGRAMMED that is displayed in the MyKey system status menus will include the remote start system as an additional key in the total count. See the Check MyKey system status section.
Note: For all vehicles with remote start installed, it is possible to
program all ТrealТ keys as MyKeys , in which case, you will need to use
your remote start system to reset all MyKeys as admin keys by doing
1. Enter the vehicle, close all doors.
2. Remote start the vehicle using your remote start fob.
3. Follow Steps 1-4 in the Clear MyKey section.
SENSE AND STYLE
Family Friendly (Not Really, Fair, Great, Excellent): Greatish Fun-Factor (None, Some, Good Times, Groove-On): Good Times ...
Installing child safety seats with combination lap and shoulder belts
Check to make sure the child seat is properly secured before each use. When installing a child safety seat with combination lap/shoulder belts: Х Use the correct safety belt buckle for that seating ...
Positions of the ignition
1. OffЧ locks the gearshift lever and allows key removal. This position also shuts the engine and all electrical accessories off. Note: In order to switch off the engine while the vehicle ...