Programming a personal entry code and keypad association tomemory feature
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
4. For memory recall feature, enter the sixth digit 1 • 2 to store driver 1 settings or 3 • 4 to store driver 2 settings.
Note: Pressing 5 • 6, 7 • 8, or 9 • 0 keypad numbers as a sixth digit will not recall a driver memory setting.
Note: The factory-set code cannot be associated with a memory setting.
5. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal entry code has been programmed to the module.
You may also program a personal entry code through the MyFord Touch™ / MyLincoln Touch™ system (if equipped). Refer to the MyFord Touch™ / MyLincoln Touch™ supplement.
• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
• The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
All-disc antilock brakes and dual-stage front airbags are standard. A curtain-type airbag Safety Canopy system enhances occupant protection in side impacts and rollovers. The revised rear park-ass ...
If your vehicle goes off the edge of the pavement
• If your vehicle goes off the edge of the pavement, slow down, but avoid severe brake application, ease the vehicle back onto the pavement only after reducing your speed. Do not turn the steering ...
Always connect the trailer’s safety chains to the hook retainers on the vehicle. To connect the trailer’s safety chains, cross the chains under the trailer tongue and allow slack for turning corne ...